Thursday, April 07, 2005

Search Engine Hits

I've had a lot of 'em lately, and hence a lot of new visitors (*waves* Hi. No. G'day!), however briefly they drop by before going, "Erhm, no, that wasn't exactly what I was after... actually that was nowhere NEAR what I was after. Stupid search engines. Who is this idiot bird?"

Because I can track "referrers" I can see what's been typed into a search engine that's led to the link (and it's fun having a look to see what page the blog's on).

So, if someone has clicked a link at, say, Tessa's Blog where she has a link to mine, I'll get the referrer as "http://www.silence-without.blogspot.com". Or "Direct Hit" if someone's typed this URL into their browser or used their bookmarks/favourites menu. You get the drift.

Funny. I can understand why people are getting a hit here if they type in "Aaron Hamill" (page 3, Yahoo Search) or "Riewoldt cry" (page 6, google), I've been fairly vocal re both. I get "Hukabees" (page 2, Yahoo search, between 2 Spanish language sites), because I went to see that film and had a bit to say about it. Not really sure how I got the hit from an entry "Fraser Gehrig" (page 36, Yahoo search, but not there when I went to look-see. Out of curiosity, looked at the other pages... I'd slipped to page 38 by then, oh, well), because I don't think I've mentioned him. "musing thoughts of the meandering mind" is obvious (Yahoo search, page 3, entry #26 of about 1,820, which took 0.64 seconds to find, and brought up that Implosion post referred to below).

But how the howbrahaha, did I manage to end up on a search for "boyaboya.com"??? At entry number 9 on the first page, no less? As the only site in English? And what's a "boya" (and the first person to tell me that it's the opposite of "girla" will be severely punished :-P). I know it was my Implosion Archives entry, but still....

Oh, and speaking of Sir Tessa, I cadged this link from her blog:

Uncycolpaedia: Australia. It's furney. A quote:

Origin
Australia was created in a freak magical anomaly that occurred as a side effect of the magical wars between the wizards of the last age, who are now known as Walter Cronkite and Socrates. After the magical emanations cooled, Australia was inhabited by peaceful sheep and primitive tribes of humans, and lots of alcohol.

Then a bunch of criminals (see: Government) got dumped there.


hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home