Monday, April 04, 2005

Thankyous...

Listening to: The Bodyguard soundtrack. Realised I'd never actually listened to the song I posted a week or so back all the way through, used to just guess at the tune for the second bit (that you don't hear on the movie... you know "will you stay, or will you run away"). Turns out I was only out by a note. Songwriters these days are so predictable *winks* hehe.

It's April already. APRIL, I tell you!!! Argh!!!

Sorry about that. But, I'm going to say (just like everyone else that is over 30 tends to say), is it just me, or are the years going by more quickly with each passing year? I'm sure it was January, like, you know, just yesterday.

I have a theory about that, actually. It has to do with percentages. Time (as we know) is relative. I've never really gotten what it's relative to, but I suspect that as Truth is the daughter of Time, as an old proverb asserts, it certainly has relatives. Oh, ha ha. I crack myself up.

What was I saying?

I reckon the reason the years go by so fast (apart from the fact that you have so much more to do in a day than when you were a kid) is that each year is a smaller percentage of your life. When you're 6, a year is a sixth of your life, when you're 34, a year is one-34th. You get the idea.

It's a bit simplistic, but there you go.

Well, I spent Friday doing house hunting. Put in a couple of rental applications (I am SO annoyed by being on the rental treadmill again, I can't tell you). Will find out in the next coupl of days or so if I get any of them.

But I think public thankyous are warranted here. Thankyou to Nicky, Scott, Mum & Nev, Damon and Sally for babysitting, driving, dinner, coffee, place to stay, conversation. And stuff. :-D

Oh, and the Saints beat Freo by a point on the weekend ina closely fought, low scoring match that was down to the final minute of the game on a tie until Aaron Hamill made an unlikely, hard-won tackle and scored the point and Penny (who replaced Nicky Reiwoldt) made a final defensive save up the other end with 5 seconds to go. Hamill tied for best-on-ground honours with a Freo player. Disappointing to hear of him indulge in some Lions-like behaviour, though I didn't see the incident so cannot comment (although it seems out of character).

And the Lions lost to Port Adelaide (I am tempted ever so slightly to say HA! but that would be wrong :-D). Going to be an interesting season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home