Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Another Thankyou

I couldn't post on blogger yesterday (comments or whatever) after yesterday's post because, as the blogger default page said, blogger was experiencing "Unexpected Errors."

Hehe. Gotta like that. When is an error actually "expected"? I mean, if you expect the error to occur, you'd stop it and there wouldn't be an error, would there? :-D

The reason I wanted to comment was because I wanted to thank Liz for saying nice things. Yes, I actually think my kids are awesome, too, but, see, I would be fairly biased on that score. It's always nice to hear it from someone else, especially someone who stayed in my home for 3 weeks and therefore saw some of the worst!. :-D

Going to have to have a boast now, of course. I just had to tell my kids' primary school that they would probably be going elsewhere after Anzac Day, and the teachers involved (3, this is for childrens numbers 3, 4 & 5) all started to tell me how wonderful my kids were and how disappointed they were we were leaving. That's nice, actually, although I seriously credit that school for helping my kids get through everything we've been through over the last 2 years. I think a lot of primary schools could look at Cooran Primary and learn a lot -- there's a limited amount of homework, a balanced male to female teacher ratio and a "no tolerance" attitude towards bullying -- and they handle "girl bullying" (which usually isn't physical but involves ostracisation) with a similar no tolerance attitude.

I really don't want to leave this area for the schools alone, but there's nothing to rent up here, unfortunately. And most of my personal support base is in Brissy, although I have actually tried not to make that a factor in my decision process (choosing between my friends and my kids' friends is hardly fair). I am very evenly split in the pros and cons of either place, and it would only take one thing, probably, to tip the balance one way or the other.

But, basically, I'm looking in both areas and the first place that comes up, I will take. I'm letting fate, the Universe, God, chance, whatever, to make the decision for me, because it's just too much for me to handle the sale, divorce, kids, moving, bills, blah blah blah and try to see into the future as well. So, I'm taking a hands off approach to that decision.

Never thought that would happen. hehe.

Edit: the unexpected error of the error is the comment I tried to post yesterday showed up today. Go figure. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home