Monday, March 06, 2006

I've decided

... that I really like the word "segue". I've been trying to figure out how I can work that word into general conversation, but even I am not that pretentious, so I guess I'll just have to work out a way I can legitimately use it in my blog.

Or my book/s.

Thing is, I can't think of how. Suggestions welcome.

Ok, there is a good reason for my brain fry-age. I think I've mentioned, somewhere, that I'm programming "head" of Conjure, which means I
1. Don't have time to clean my house properly, or nag the kids to clean my house properly. This bugs me, but I'm not obsessive about it. Did get my poor graden weeded during the rain this week. Almost weeded. Got wet. Got muddy.
2. Am rather fractrated, attention-wise
and
3.have a couple (hehe) of emails to send re panels. 107, it turns out. I'm doing quite well, up to 32. I would've managed more yesterday, but I had the last day of filming to do for a film we're putting together for the Ditmar awards. We've decided to make the awards rather special this year.

Then I was, uh, distracted for a couple of hours. I love phone calls. :-D Especially those long languorous calls that go on for hours that you can have while you're wandering around the house. I have new phone. Phone actually works (unless the person on the other end of the line goes into their fridge, for some reason: take note for future reference there, Nicky... ;-)). Phone is wee hand-held that doesn't tie you down to the line. Me happy. Me always talk in stupid short sentences when me happy.

On a completely unrelated note, I miss Captain Caveman.

Uh. Bye.

6 Comments:

At 12:27 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! "Segue" is one of my favourite words! I used to manufacture ways of subtly changing the topic of conversation just so I could use it!

 
At 12:35 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Aha! You shall give me lessons and call me grasshopper!

(I'm getting a strong sense of deja vu. Are you getting a strong sense of deja vu?)

 
At 2:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*innocent whistle*

 
At 1:58 am, Blogger Heather said...

Not sure how you can do that with a straight face, Stu. If you're innocent, then I'm Shirley Temple. :-P

 
At 1:53 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am at least vaguely innocent.

Not nearly as innocent as some people I could name and point a finger at, mind...

 
At 2:58 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Umm.

I have no idea what you're talking about. Lalalalalalalalalala....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home