Thursday, March 02, 2006

Hi Liz!

Yes, I've missed you (online) as well. *grin*

Speaking of new music (which was on yesterday's survey, so I was, a bit), I must be insane. I actually bought a CD by the Back Street Boys. Worse, I'm actually enjoying it.

My 13 year-old -- almost 14 -- (that would be #2 for those trying to keep track, Hi Nicky :-P) heard me playing it, comes over and says, "Mum are you listening to the Back Street Boys???"

"Uh-huh," I say, accurately as it turns out.

"Mum, I am very concerned for you. Honestly."

Blank look.

His eyes roll. "I give up. There's no helping you."

Yeah, but I already knew that, see. ;-)

4 Comments:

At 9:10 am, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:11 am, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

My mum is over fifty and she buys backstreet boys CDs. I have admit their songs all sound samey after a while. But that's what pop music is.

I don't see anything logically wrong with liking them.

 
At 9:34 am, Blogger Heather said...

hehe.

It's the word "logically" that makes your comment amusing. ;-)

The album I have is full of "You've left me, I can't let you go but I have to, and how sad am I" songs. A couple of them are quite good (even lyrically), but after a full album of them, I wanted to yell at them, "Get a life, mate. And some dignity while you're at it!" One or two, then maybe a couple on being IN love, one on the state of the world when your shorts don't fit, I don't know, or some sort of mix-up, sure.

But the thematic was a wee bit depressing after a while, especially since I can't really relate right now. If I've ever had to say goodbye to someone, you can bet there was a great reason for it, and no regrets.

Nice boppy dance songs though.

 
At 10:34 am, Blogger Tessa said...

Well, I'm worried about you too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home