Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Hi Eug

One person loves me. :-)

Some catching up to do, but can't really do it now as I have sword tonight. But, I figured I did one of these last year (see Jan 2005 archives) so I may as well do it again:

2005 Wrap Up

1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?

Started living in Brisbane. Got divorced.

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I didn't make any, and I won't.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
My godfather died in late November.

5. What countries did you visit?
This year, I hope!

6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
The In Love Crapola.

7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
March 8, Decree Nisi. The why is self-evident.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Along with Rob Hoge, Kate Eltham and Rob Dobson, we won a Ditmar for "Best Professional Achievement" for Clarion South 2005 at NatCon 2005 (Thylacon).

9. What was your biggest failure?
I lost my house.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Yes. I got pneumonia in June.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
My new car. It's so cute.

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
My sons and daughter, for their ongoing ways of bringing joy & chaos to my life.
Friends & family too numerous to mention, online and off... don't want to start for fear of forgetting someone. You know who you are.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
My ex, again. Appalled but not depressed. He hasn't that effect on me any more.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent. Food. Swords! Oh, and $11,000 to my divorce lawyer. Ack!

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My daughter auditioned for a National Choir and got in. I started sword lessons. One of my sons scored 87 runs and got 5 wickets at cricket. A friend got engaged. No, 2 friends! And another 2 friends became a couple.

16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
None in particular, I listen to too much of it.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder?

Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter?
18 kilos thinner (only 20 to go hehe)
iii. richer or poorer?
Moneywise, richer. Friendswise, ditto.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
My bloody novels.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Wasting time on unrequited crapola.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Went to Canberra and spent it with my dad, brother, niece and nephew.

21. Who -- of importance to you now -- did you meet for the first time?
Stephen, Ken, Chris, Wayne and other sword fellers.

22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
No.

23. How many one-night stands?
None. I don't do one-nighters.

24. What was your favourite TV program?
Urgh. Lost? None, really, that I didn't already see.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
(this is a reprint of last years' because nothing's changed). Without trying to sound like an arse, I don't hate anyone. I dislike the odd person, like but mistrust one or two, feel uncomfortable with a couple and have no feelings at all for others, but I don't hate anyone. Who's got the energy or time?

26. What was the best book you read?
Anything (and everything) by Michael Wood and Sean Williams.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
No-one new.

28. What did you want and get?
Didn't want much.

29. What did you want and not get?
See "unrequited crapola" ;-)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?
I didn't have one. Liked many, didn't have a favourite. No, wait... it was early in the year, Phantom of the Opera.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I had dinner with friends, did Clarion duties, and 34. this is always a hard thing to remember, because my birthday is in January and I'm now 35!

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not a thing. Maybe the property settlement thing could've gone through more quickly.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Too big? What do you mean, it's too big!!?

34. What kept you sane?
More like "who". You know who you are.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I must admit to, now, a giant crush on Sean Williams. I can say this because he's a sweetie. :-D

36. What political issue stirred you the most?
For the record: if I am in a vegetative state, I do NOT want my feeding tube removed so I can dehydrate and starve to death, OK?????

37. Who did you miss?
(Still) My paternal grandfather, who died when I was 16. My dad & brother and a couple of friends from Canberra.

38. Who was the best new person you met?
Stephen, Ken, Chris, Wayne :-D

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love... and this includes allowing them the freedom not love you back without recrimination or doubts or the end of a friendship. It also means doing so without thinking something is wrong with me [still learning that one, though, I must admit, she's just discovered].

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Promise me you won't give up on me, and I will believe."

1 Comments:

At 9:24 pm, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

:-)

I really wish you would (and can) blog regularly. I know you can't always, but it's nice to see what you've been up to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home