Sunday, September 04, 2005

Yay

In both the real and sarcastic terms.

Hmm. Sarcastic first. Shall get the whingeing out of the way first. I know what is causing the ex's dummy spit. I'm not going into detail, no (I mean, how boring, truly). But never mind, it was all my fault. *rolls eyes*

Good yays next. Have I mentioned my brother's in town? No. My brother's in town. Sort of. Actually, he's up at my mum's, but close enough. Bro lives down in Canberra, so this is the first time in a year we've seen him. 'Twas his birthday yesterday so I went up to mum's for a BBQ, as you do. He was actually down here in Brissy on Thursday, but that was just to use my front drive as a parking spot (I feel so used *sob*). Kidding. Actually, once he'd finished with his lunch, we caught up a bit, I looked up his chart (no real surprises there, not pour moi, anyway).

So, we all did lunch yesterday, and my mum has a new telescope which I had to get to know well, of course (although, to be fair, my mum was the one doing the actual hugging ;-) ). It's a -- correct me if I get this wrong, mum -- Newtonian 10 inch with Dobsonian base? Or something like that. I was paying attention, really. Anyways, it's apparently a lot clearer than her C8, so there's a trip back up there for the Mars bigness in October-ish planned.

Must admit, one thing I really miss, living in Brisbane, is the lack of night sky. Well, no it's there, but... you know what I mean.

Yum. The jasmine I planted in the front garden has flowered and the smell is drifting in through my window here. I love it when a plan comes together. :-D

I was saying... yeah. Bro will come back down here for # 1 son's 15th (ack!!) birthday on Thursday.

Last night, also went to Jason & Mil's yearly bash, which was good (again). Oh, and the Saints won their prelim. final (a step further than they managed last year! Yay. A real yay, actually). They won against the minor premiers (Adelaide Crows) on an away game, breaking the Crows' 10-game winning streak, too, so one is v. happy. It means they get a week off (they were top 4 so if they'd lost they would've played the winner of either of the lower order prelims next week -- a game the Crows will play instead), but, more importantly, it means their next final will be at home, I believe.

Hmm. Sweet peas now. I planted those because my grandfather used to plant them for me every year, so they remind me of him (smell, very evocative). He used to plant them every year, but when he found out how much I loved them, he planted double the number and I'd get a huge bunch to take home every time we visited. He's the model for a character in one of my first draft novels, actually. Or, at least, that aspect is.

I have never been able to get them to grow properly, up until this year. The few years they actually grew they just didn't smell right. This year, well, they're starting to grow really well, now the sun's come around a bit, and the smell is just delicious. Just how I remember it. I like to think of that as a wee bit symbolic.

Oh, and Rob & Kate! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home