Monday, August 15, 2005

But onto more important things

Listening to: Bachelor Girl waiting for the day.

Busy weekend.

Apart from the usual, you know: making sure the kids don't have to attend school in their underwear sans actual food on Monday, that is.

Mum drove down on Friday for the bairn's birthday, which was great. Wet and COLD though. I was going to make yet another disparaging comment about global warming but I'm sure some doomsayer will pop up a spurious bit of science that tells me this is all a part of it and we're doomed to go to desert in a handbasket, so forget I said anything. :-P The bairn is now 4 (hereafter on this blog, known as either "#6" or "Master 4", just to clear up any confusion that any random individual may have).
;-)

Saturday, I drove up to the Sunshine Coast, the old stomping ground, to drop Master 6 (or #5 hehe) off to a birthday party. He stayed up there for a sleepover. He tells me he didn't get much sleep Saturday night, go figure, huh. Then my daughter (who was with me, obviously) and I went and did a beading/jewellery making class together -- it's been a while, given the child care arrangements and the number of brothers she has, since we've had "girl time" so I thought, while we had the opportunity... anyhows, she made a necklace and I did some earrings for that evening. There was some lunch in there, too, iirc (the driving was 4 hours all up).

Trevor had a birthday party Saturday night, which was fun. I thought I'd try a drink which was a special of the house, so to speak. I misread the description, though, thinking it was like one of those vodka mudslides you can get. But no, when they said "chocolate", they meant "flavour", not the real thing, so I had a martini glass of almost pure chocolate, white chocolate and walnut-flavoured vodka. Smelled lovely. Tasted very nice. And given I'm not a heavy drinker (especially of the harder stuff, I'm a cider--or occasional Bailey's--girl, usually), it made me verrrry comfortable.

'Twas nice catching up with Trevor's mum and brother, and Grace and Lynda, as well, who I hadn't seen in a while. Food was good, although the servings were of the size that made you feel the need for McDonald's afterwards (which is saying a lot, because I mostly can't stand McYuck's even if I am forced to eat it from time to time).

I managed to squeeze in a trim somewhere there, too.

Sunday (after a morning spent with the washing and Angel episodes) I had a very leisurely lunch with a newish Vision-ary, Shaun, which was very nice (in the true sense of "nice", not that bland "nice" you use because you can't come up with any other suitable adjective). Shaun has some terrific ideas, novel-wise, look forward to seeing the result. Went home and worked on my novel(s) for a bit, been a while since I've done that, so thanks Shaun! (if you read this). :-)

Most importantly, though, well.... The Saints had their seventh consecutive win against the Roos, putting us in a niiiice position for next week's game against Freo. Mind you, that will be at Subiaco and the Saints never travel well, but we'll see. Hamill wasn't injured, so at least no one can accuse me of jinxing the boy. :-P Brisbane had more injuries this w/e, too, so it was good news all round. ;-) And, hey Grant Thomas was satisfied with the win, too: there's somethign new and different hehe.

Puts us third on the ladder, ahead of Syney Swans (who booted Brisbane down a rung, woo hoo!) on percentage. Freo's game should be interesting: they're at number 8 right now and MUST win. In our case, the best we can do is third, a good place to be if we can stay there.

In Rugby, Parramatta absolutely THRASHED Canterbury Bulldogs on Friday night too; the worst beating Canterbury has had since they joined the comp. Allow me to gloat for a second. Ha. Right, done now.

I think we narrowly avoided the follow-on in cricket, too, not that I really care though (that was 'specially for Uni :-P)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home