Sunday, August 07, 2005

Hoi.

Yesterday, I went shopping. Needed to get clothes for kids, so took a couple of them along (figured I'm not really a shopper-for-fun -- except for my book/candle weakness -- so it was time my sons learned about porter duty)there, bought a board game that required batteries, written on the outside of the box "requires 3 LR6 batteries to play -- not included". Hmmm. WTF are LR6's, I wonder. Well, so I go and look in the battery section of KMart. Full of AA's, triple A's, oh, there's an LR4, a watch battery. OK, then. Must be those little disc thingys you use for comp games. So, I wander over to a watchmaker and ask.

"Oh, yes, we have LR4's, but LR6's? We've never heard of them, sorry."

Ooookay. Over to EB, I needed to go there anyhows. Yes, #3, I know your feet hurt, but you manage to run for hours on the cricket ground without getting tired, but a little walking through the mall getting to you? Wuss. Must be imprinted into the genetic code for males. Except for one male I know, who isn't even gay but who enjoys shopping more than I do. Another story, never mind.

Pick up layby. No, we don't sell batteries at all, sorry, not even for computer games, but have you tried Tandys?

Of course. Duh. Tandy's, of course, is at the opposite side of the mall, where I just came from, right near KMart (where I bought the game). Honestly, anyone would think I'd asked the boys to climb Mt Everest. Off we go (I considered singing Heigh-ho but that would've been a bit too silly. hehe).

Tandy's. LR6's? Hmmm. Not sure about that code. Let me look it up.

They are another code for AA's. The most common battery on the planet, available at any corner store. Whimper.

Hehehehe.

Oh, passed Dusk twice without getting any candles. The third time was the charm. *grin*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home