Monday, August 08, 2005

Firin' at the right end of the season

Listening to: Amici Forever Defined. Great CD, except for yet another bloody rendition of The Prayer, a song I used to really love. Not so much now. Between Celene Dion and that Anthony guy, it's been overplayed. Sigh. Nice vocal version of Rachmaninov's 2nd piano concerto, too (for anyone unfamiliar with the tune, think "All By Myself"). The men are stronger singers than the girls, though.

Q: How many Arians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: Only one, apparently, and they won't even let you help.

I dislike being short. Actually, I'm around average height but another inch would've been nice. Then I wouldn't have had to play helpless "can't change lightbulb" housewife. Grr. And, thanks, Scott, for being, er, taller. :-)

And the Saints are third on the ladder. Hamill's played 2 matches in a row and hasn't injured anything (and if he goes down next game, well, you can all blame me, ok?). They took out Geelong this w/e, allow me to gloat (sorry, daddy, you know I love you but one must take one's victories when one can, eh). :-D

The loss of Hudghton capped off a frustrating night for Thomas, who watched his forwards squander numerous chances to bury an injury-hit Geelong side.

But there was one major positive to come out of the game and that was the form of inspirational forward Aaron Hamill, who was best afield with 11 marks and four goals in only his second game back following a three month lay-off with ankle and calf injuries.

"I thought he was terrific and it was one of the best games I have seen him play," Thomas said of his former skipper.

"He was very assertive in the way he played and he looked as though he was in complete control of the game."


They won by lots, but didn't bury Geelong. Sigh. Mr Thomas is never satisfied.

I never go clothes shopping, but I did this w/e. And I actually bought more than one item for myself *gasp* off the rack *GASP* in NOT the "happy to be chubby" section. *faints*

Will stop writing now because typing when unconscious is vsdjlaeriobCNK;A;. :-p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home