Thursday, June 02, 2005

Well, the roses are in

:-D

Very weird day yesterday. Got a call from my solicitor and it seems that my ex has withdrawn the very rude, unpleasant "offer" (which involved items such as him wanting more cash than he would be entitled to even if he'd contributed to the household over the last 2 years, oh, but only if I go out and get a job so he doesn't have to pay any child support first. So, he'll only consider taking my money off me if I get a job and put the 3 1/2 year-old in a non-existent daycare spot? Yeah, that's an incentive ;-) Sheesh, even the Federal govnt doean't expect me to do that until the youngest is 6 and in school). His replacement offer was, shall we say.... very familiar.

I decided to just go with it. *rolls eyes* No point keeping the vengeance demon occupied, even though I was tempted to just say, "screw him, he can fight for it," for about 3 seconds. It's only money.

So, basically, he's going to end up with exactly what I offered in the first place, minus the extra fees he'll have to pay his lawyer for mardi-fardling around for the last 2 months.

That is, of course, if the thinly veiled "this offer is only open if you submit to my demands regarding the children's issues" isn't in play (which it shouldn't be; that's unlawful, but then, that last letter that was sent by his solicitor contained unlawful demands as well, so his lawyer isn't the brightest spark in the AC/DC either). If that's the case, it could drag out for months. I may be cavalier with money, but I will keep my word to the kids until hell freezes over, if need be. And given that I have the full support of the objective mediator in that regard, it won't be difficult.

2 Comments:

At 12:56 pm, Blogger Anonymous Poet said...

Hang in there!

 
At 7:27 am, Blogger Heather said...

Thankyou! :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home