Friday, May 20, 2005

.I Still Can't see it

My waisted 3/4 pants became hipsters yesterday. At first, I put it down to what I like to call "wear-in" stretch (you know, jeans/pants or whathaveyou fit when you put them on but then get a bit baggy as you wear them -- or, alternatively, and more often -- too-tight jeans fit after a couple of hours) but they started to actually fall down to the point of me thinking, better wash these so they fit again. Normally they just get baggy round the tummy and sit there.

Realised when I put my trakky-daks on this a.m. that they were no longer tight across the bum. On a whim, try on another pair of 3/4 pants I bought a couple of months ago and didn't quite fit into. Well, truth be known, I completely couldn't do them up when I bought them. The label must've been wrong or something... hehe. Now, they're still a bit too snug to wear and not look like some eighties stretch-faberge reject but I didn't even have to lie down to get the zip up.

Hmmm. Someting weird happening here, thinks I, getting back into trakky bums (the front bedroom flooded due to the hailstorm last night. Mopping up and cleaning to do today. Was fun).

Walk out to lounge room.

"Do I look like I've lost weight?" I ask my almost-15 year-old son, who looks slightly panicked. (Well, he has to learn how to field this question some time, right? It's my motherly duty).

"Er.... yes?" he croaks.

"No, it's OK," I say soothingly. "I'm not a 'does my bum look too big in this?' sort of girl. Tell the truth. There will be no consequences."

"But, mum..."

Number 2 son (13 years old) jumps in. "Actually, mum, you do look smaller." The boy is wise beyond his years, honestly.

Number 1 son nods. "You do."

I look from cherubic face to innocent glance and roll my eyes. "You don't have to say that. I'm after an honest opinion here."

They look at me blankly. Obviously, my work is not yet done.

I give up and start to look for the tape measure.

It cheers me to know they were right, even though I'm fairly sure they weren't trying to be. And the fact I'm not actually trying to take off weight (despite the fact I probably should be).

And I still can't see it.

And it's just as well. I figure, if it ain't happening, I won't have to go clothes shopping again. Hoi.

Dis-as-ter.

Might go have some pizza or something.

2 Comments:

At 8:59 am, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Show a pic, I'm curious. :-)

I think you will find that I have put on a lot since you last seen me. I am actually coming to borderline overweight according to the bmi. Guess I am having too much fun. (When I'm happy I tend to gain, cuz I eat more.)

 
At 7:28 am, Blogger Heather said...

You could afford to put some on, anyhows. :-P It's good that you're happy. I'm happy you're happy *big cheesy grin*

As far as a photo, I don't think there are any, but since I'd put some on because of the meds I took last year, I've basically just taken the same lot off again thus far... so I'm not a lot different from the last time you saw me. :-D

I can't even remember the last time I was photographed. :-) I think it was you, actually....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home