Thursday, May 26, 2005

Either my scales are wrong

or my tape measure is.

I went to put on a pair of trousers this morning and they, literally, fell to my hips. I had to wear a belt. Weird. Stood on the scales. According to them, no weight has come off (maybe about half a kilo: it's hard to tell without my glasses and you always look heavier when measuring yourself because leaning forward to look ups the measurement). Yet, according to the tape measure, I am yet 2.5 cms smaller around the waist, and 2 from hips and 1 from bust. That's a total of, uh... 4 cms off the hips and waist and 2 from the bust in 2 weeks, while not actually on a diet or anything. (2.5cms = 1 in for those still working on outdated measurement systems....... :-P).

Still well overlarge, of course, but I can't figure out where it's going. Or how it's coming off. I've been eating like a piglet lately (compared to my usual intake, which is like bird-ish except on that crazy one day a month thing where I seriously pig out on everything I shouldn't). And walking a lot, granted. And yes, I do understand the "muscle is heavier than fat" rule -- but I've always been muscly under the blubber (no, really). I'd say the muscle is just getting tone-ier but it's not my leg muscles we're talking about here (no, I'm not obsessive enough to measure them, thanks for asking). Oh, well. Given, however, that when I've lost weight in the past, a loss of approximately 1 cm = a loss of approximately 1 kilo, it's a bit strange. I mean, i took off a couple of kilos last week, but anyhow... whatever. My goal is my health at the moment. My knees ache.

I also need a chiropractor. Must find one close by, soonish. I've been saying that for 3 years, though.

I worked out that I walked about 5kms yesterday -- mostly with weights *grin* About 3 and a half of them were with a 3 year-old who thought it would be fun to hang off my arm half the time and last night I went to see a film (again? Yeah, I've been taking time outs lately. Won't need to any more, soon) and also needed to get some stuff from the supermarket at the other end of the shopping centre. I'd parked a fair way away, so I reckon, I walked about a kilometre with approximately 11 kilos of stuff. Well, you know, I needed fruit, so there were 2 3-kilo bags of apples, 2 litres of milk, a litre of juice, another kilo or so of bananas... etc. Who needs a gym when you can do that sort of stuff? hehe.

I saw the Interpreter. It was pretty good.

Anyway, I'm a little behind on my 1 chapter per day thing so I'd better go and get the bairns to school and get cracking.

3 Comments:

At 10:35 am, Blogger Nicky Strickland said...

Re your weight - you know it already and you haven't accounted for your age deary - changes how the body works, whether you like or not :)

Now get writing woman! :P

 
At 8:33 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Pftht. And the elderly lady in the corner is calling me deary. :-P

And I'm getting to it. Stop nagging me. :-P again. :-D Sheesh, between you and Mr "call her lazy and she'll write" I'm getting no peace. No peace at all. Lalalalalalalala....

:-D

 
At 9:48 am, Blogger Nicky Strickland said...

Elderly lady in the corner begins cackling :P

I have no issues - I'm aging as disgracefully as I possibly can - wait til I'm round my 90's and see how disgraceful I'm gonna be :P

Moi? Nag? Naaaaaaaah *eg* I'd never do a thing like that. Ever. :P *my cheek is hurting what with my tongue stuck so firmly in it*

Mwahahahahahahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home