Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Beacause There's Too Much to Say

I'm not writing anything.

You know, when you're hot, you're hot. Once I start writing again, I could write anything, anytime. I'm in the middle of getting out a ms for EnVision this week, at the rate of a full chapter a day (helps that some of it was already written by someone else, but anyhow), and as soon as I do that, all the other projects that I have been working on start crowding in, going "pick me! Pick me!"

I could seriously work on 3 different books right now. At the same time. Won't, though, my brain would eventually implode and I'd end up doing nothing. Must concentrate.

Same with this blog thing. I've seen 3 films this week (!!). Kingdom of Heaven, The Upside of Anger and Crash. Also saw Closer on DVD (urgh). The first one makes me want to write a whole spiel on what really happened (the movie wasn't as bad as I thought it was, actually). The second one, well, I've mentioned the whole button thing. The third was another film that followed the "no touch -- no live" perameter. I didn't like it (you can't "like" a movie like that), but it was a good film.

But I won't write an essay on each. I'll spare you that. hehe.

I will post Cainer's Aries scope for today, though, because I think Liz may like it:

Can you trust your feelings? What a question! It's like asking if you can trust your eyes... or your ears... or your taste buds. These are your natural assets. They provide you with crucial information that you ignore at your peril. You may not like what your senses are telling you, but that's no reason to doubt them or ignore them. What you feel is very real... and very right. Don't question that. You do, though, need to think carefully about precisely how you intend to act on those feelings.

Mine, today, is very apt (Nic, you can laugh now :-P Sheesh, everyone is ganging up on me lately *rolls eyes*):

The full moon has brought you to a turning point. You are neither willing nor able to carry on pretending a situation is satisfactory. Cracks have been papered over too many times in the past. Quick fixes have been applied to problems that clearly need attention at a much more fundamental level. Though you may feel daunted by the extent to which you must now rewrite your plan for the future, you have every reason to feel inspired about the task that lies ahead of you.

Have to laugh at my ex's!!:

Peace, love and understanding? What about jealousy, vengeance and retribution? Where's all that going to go if the dewy-eyed idealists have their way? Just imagine a world with no hard edges. Without negative emotions, rotten relationships, petty conflicts and ugly prejudices, we'd all be bored. Er... wouldn't we? Don't worry, I'm not predicting any such developments in the world or in your life. I do, though, foresee a small shift in this direction soon, for you. So you'd best be ready for it. Sounds like a warning to me *evil grin* Mind you, without jealousy, vengeance and retribution, he wouldn't know what to do with himself. Sigh.

My mum and her hubby came to visit on Sunday, which was very nice. We went for a walk, and I now know I'm walking just under 3 kms every day, so that is good (mum's hubby got a pedometre for his birthday). 1.47 kms each way. Cool.

I also have lavender plants. Yayhoo! Only waiting on a rose order to arrive and I can start planting my front handkerchief garden. Well, I've cheated, already put some stuff in, but anyhows... 'twill be good when it all goes in, I was even able to track down all the rose varieties I was looking for (one is quite rare). Well, there were only four (small garden, you know), and 2 of those will be going into pots (I have no intention of leaving them behind when I move again, which is likely. I don't know when, but it's likely). Also ordered a rare pale blue sweet violet variety that has just been imported from France. My regular plant supplier mentioned it when I was ordering a regular purple one. So, this little one will be potted as well, because a) It's still rare in this country and I want to be able to put it where ever it's happy, I will not be held responsible for killing it and B)if I move, I can take it with me. I've lost too many plants that I will probably never find again because I've had to move house.

I've managed to plan the front garden so there are many smally plants flowering at different times. I'll have polyanthum jasmine, gardenia and the rose varieties I've ordered are old fashioned ones that are reknown for their strong fragrance. The garden is just outside the window where my computer is, so that will be nice, if it works.

I scattered some forget-me-not seeds last week. I don't know why I keep doing that to myself, as they're not really happy up here, but they've actually come up (shock!) Trick is, maybe go for autumn/winter flowering instead of spring, which is too hot and wet. May even work. Cool.

My favourite tiny posy is sweet violets with forget-me-nots so if I can get both of them to grow up here, I'll be a happy bunny. :-D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home