Thursday, April 28, 2005

Sinking to a New Low

You know, I knew the ex was a bit scummy, especially when it comes to me, but I never thought he would be deliberately vindictive in a way that hurts the children.

I've moved house. Oh yeah, I'm in! And back online (er, obviously). And that had its dramas, but not too bad, just involved some rain, mushy grass, spinning truck wheels, a tractor and a couple of near-missing cats, but they were more delays than true annoyances. Actually, didn't bother me too much. Gave me an hour to sit down. Yay. :-)

Oh, and St Kilda won again. By a huge landslide. Woohoo! Do the Dance of Joy (non Angel fans will not get that. Watch season 4. You'll understand me much better :-D ).

Anyway, I haven't mentioned why the house had to be sold, thus denying the bairns their home, too long and sordid a story to be told in public, really. I think I've mentioned the ex is trying to claim some of the proceeds, which he isn't legally entitled to, and despite that, I'm giving him some anyhow.

Well, he's managed to freeze the funds, but was supposed to release some so I could pay for moving expenses, new school uniforms, food, services, that sort of unimportant stuff. His solicitor had already OK'd it, so I went ahead borrowing bond and rent money from my mum (thanks mum!) on the presumption I could pay her back when the funds were released last Tuesday.

Which they weren't. Apparently he sent a letter saying he never had agreed to release the funds and never would. Despite the fact I'm sure his solicitor has (or should have!) told him by now he has no entitlement to any of the funds. Despite the fact the older 2 boys literally can't attend school without their (unfortunately) rather expensive uniforms. Despite the fact that without any funds, the kids will be without new school books and some services. Despite the fact that the only reason I have a full-ish pantry now is that a couple of friends are practical and kind and filled my freezer as a move-in present, even before they knew of his behaviour.

I expected the ex to be bitter. After all, he feels I took his family from him (never mind the fact that if he had just stopped hitting, it wouldn't have been necessary. I think 15 years of "second chances" are fair, eh?). I didn't, however, expect this level of vindictiveness aimed in the kids' direction, especially at a point where he is seeking MORE time with them, time the children don't want to spend with him. (I'm not sure if I am relieved or unhappy about that. I think neither. Everyone misses out there). For my part, I have no feelings for the man whatsoever, even when annoyed by his behaviour. I don't like him. I actually don't hate him either. I couldn't be bothered.

Chalk it up to yet another show of abject stupidity on my behalf. For some insane reason, despite my supposedly genuis-level IQ (no, really, hehe!) I really do expect the man to act reasonably when given the chance. I will keep expecting it even when faced with year after year of unreasonable behaviour, time after time after time. One day, he may just surprise me.

I look forward to that. It'll do the children good. :-)

2 Comments:

At 9:18 am, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

At the very least for his children's sake, I hope he stops doing this sort of thing.

 
At 12:52 pm, Blogger Tessa said...

Glad to hear you're all moved in without any terrible mishaps.

Although I know it's in your nature to be kind, I think it's time for you to come around. Don't give him any sort of grip on anything around you. Don't throw him a single bone. Clearly, he's a dork of some magnitude, and that's putting it nicely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home