Friday, April 29, 2005

Dear Liz and Tessa

Thanks guys. Times like these, a girl needs her friends' active encouragement. :-) xx

I had a "mediation" today on these issues, that I won't go into publically for legal reasons, but suffice to say the mediator (who is also a lawyer) was... ummm... perplexed... at both the ex's and the ex's solicitor's behaviour. He was also very kind to me.

It seems, no, the ex's not going to stop this sort of thing for the kids' sake, Liz. And this hasn't gone unnoticed to the Powers That Make These Decisions. Tessa, the benefit of the doubts have been given and the gloves are off. He'll get his. And I won't have had to do a thing to cause anything that will now befall him on these issues, he will have brought it all on himself with his own words and actions. I am not as kind as people think: if I or my kids are being taken advantage of (I think the mediator's exact words were "he's holding the kids to ransom here"), then I will do whatever's necessary. Think I'm angry? I'm not. But I do believe that consequences catch up with us eventually. They're catching up.

I'm also OK with the money thing, for a while, at least. And, let's just say, my offer to him is no longer on the table. He should've taken the money when he could. My lawyer is glad he didn't--she's rather angry, much angrier than I am, actually. Incensed, she said. I couldn't be bothered with anger, the ex is throwing around enough vindictive behaviour for the both of us.

He's a very, very silly boy.

2 Comments:

At 9:03 pm, Blogger Tessa said...

Well, I hope things don't take too long to sort themselves out for you. :)

 
At 12:27 pm, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

He is very silly indeed. He's only hurting himself in the end. It's just too bad.

I wish you and the children all the best, Heather.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home