Wednesday, November 10, 2004

My Friends Are More Talented Than I Am

and that's absolutely great!

Being a writer, then it stands to reason that a fair number of the people I associate with, online and off, are also writers. I thought I'd share the talents of some of them with you today.

First, some links.

A couple of the people I've already mentioned.

Chris McMahon
Scott Robinson's NaNoWriMo Blog. have a look. Comment. Enjoy.
Cory Daniells, who was also my mentor (twice!) at EnVision, an amazing lady, alsio with six children!
Marianne De Pierres. If you like cyberpuink, buy her books. I don't like cyberpunk, but I still liked her books. :-)
Bard's Archive at LifeLine - poetry of the heart.
Caber's Archive at Lifeline - if you like a good laugh.


There are others (so if you're a writer and i haven't put your link up here, don't fret. It will happen), and I'll post more as I go. Today, I really want to share some of the stuff done by my friend from Singapore, Liz. I think I've said before that this woman is good. She writes this epic poetry stuff that I wish I could write. Of course, I hate her. :-D

I had trouble choosing just one I liked, so I closed my eyes and picked.

The Once Honored Knight

Garedd, once honoured, Knight of the Green Tide
We were once one strength in Twenty,
So sad, you chose these faithful ties to break,
our stand was true, but Evil you let release
What use now your vows and constant tears,
Now that the skies have colours reds and greys?
What use is your news and sorries to us
when crows gather and rats a-scatter innocence?

Woe to thee! The sun shall fall into the sea!
And Darkness shall descend upon all our Land.
Crush thy kneecaps upon the steps of the'r catherdral
Utter thy last prayer, for carried here the prophecy
of Unholy War lasting Ten Years long.
All your future fears and hopes be gone!

2000 copyright E.Lim (posted with permission)

If you'd like to read the rest of Liz's stuff (worthwhile!) then her site is here

Now, if you excuse me, I'm going to go and mutter off into the distance for a while. (hehe).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home