Friday, October 29, 2004

Luscious Leos

Speaking of Leos, as I did yesterday (Trevor), I thought I'd focus on them for today. They're a lot more interesting than I am right now!

I've always had a chequered history re Leos. I tend to get along very well with Leo males and have a history of difficulties with Leo women.

I suppose that's not fair, I only remember knowing one Leo female well, and she was a huge believer in astrology, so when she realised I was a Capricorn, well, it was on for young and old (basically, as she saw it, Leos spend most of their time proving that they are the best at everything, while Caps don't have anything to prove: they just know they are the best. She presumed I had the same mindset and it threatened her in some way. If she'd gotten to know me, she would have realised that my Virgo rising and Cancer moon tempered that tendency in me....hehe. Just kidding. I wasn't interested in competition). I frankly, didn't care either way astrologically speaking, but I did object to her constantly setting herself up in competition with me. She was the sort of girl who would tell you how much she loved you to your face while gently, and unsubtly, shoving her claws into your back. She is one main reason why I tended to have more male friends than female ones at school.

It was a pity, though. She really was a beautiful, full-on, natural born leader, and if she hadn't spent so much time being competitive, I would have had a lot of admiration for her. As it is, even thinking about her, after 16 years, still leaves a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. I don't actively dislike people (even if I don't like them, if that makes any sense), but, I don't know, she used to make me feel about an inch high.

Having said that, I have never met a Leo bloke I didn't like (hehe. Maybe I have a weakness for fire signs). One of my sons is a Leo (the baby), and in fact shares his birthday with Trevor. Trevor's, well, just a stunning human being. And so is the baby, well... three year-old. Another stunning Leo bloke is the captain of my AFL team (for o/s readers, AFL is Australian Rules Football). At least, he was the captain last year. The Saints are using a revolved captaincy policy, yet everyone who matters in the football journalism arena agrees that Aaron Hamill is one of the best leaders in the team, captain or no. Watching him play is amazing. When he is playing, even if he doesn't kick the most goals or take the most marks, you can bet your booty he's setting them up for everyone else. He usually has the highest work rate on the field. And he's not unattractive, either *grin* Yeah, I'm a bit of a fan; he came from Canberra originally.



So... from Mystic Medusa:

Leo is a Fixed Fire sign; Everyone else just revolves around Leo's personal Hotness. To Leo, the eyes are not the mirror of the soul, the MIRROR is the mirror of the soul. Neo-Leos are glamorous, creative and radiantly inspirational Prima-Divas. What becomes a Legend?

Q: How many Leos does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: One, to hold it while the world revolves around him/her.

(I am going to say, in Leo's defence here, that the world tends to choose to revolve around them. It can't help itself. It's not Leo's fault. *grin*).

And from Jonathon Cainer:

The Myth:
To belong to this sign, they say, is to appear to others, as brassy, sassy yet undeniably classy. It is to be brave, bold and bolshy yet still, somehow, more composed than a symphony and more "confident" than Chris Tarrant himself. Leos, so the textbooks tell us, are nothing else, 24 hours a day, than stylish show-offs and sexy superstars.

The Truth:
If only! There is of course, a grain of truth in this. In fact there's more than a grain, there's a granary. There is not though, a mill, a stream and a bakery. Or, to put it another way, Leos can, at times be all the above and more - but though the rest of the world seems happy to imagine otherwise, they also just so happen to be human. Leos suffer, Leos struggle, Leos strive and Leos even, sometimes, screw things up. It's just that they have this air of consummate authority about them that makes such fallibility hard to imagine. Even when Leos are collapsing in floods of tears or wallowing in the depths of despair, they come across as attractive, calm and capable.

The Key To Success:
Although you were born under the sign of the lion, you often act more like a pussycat. That's fine for quiet times but, if you ever want to make things change or get results that suit you, you need to start prowling and growling. In astrological tradition, the ruler of your sign is the Sun. Be more like it. Rise up high... and shine!


Go Leos!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home