Wednesday, October 20, 2004

It's Been A While

I, surprisingly, have had nothing to say lately.

Actually, that's not strictly true. I have had plenty to say. The thing is, there's been a lot on my mind lately and it's all been of "dire importance". So much so, that when I go to write anything, all that comes out is this mess of ultra-profound drivel that I don't really want to write to the world.

You know, like:


  • Stuff my soon-to-be ex husband is doing right now. The man is, quite frankly, a bit of a child, even taking into account my less-than-biased attitude towards him. But ranting about the latest way he's trying to hurt the kids (the only way he can annoy me, actually, because he's water off a duck's back emotionally to me personally) while he's thinking he's being self-righteously reasonable is just, well, juvenile in itself. So, the delete button is my friend.
  • Obsessive sighings over... oops. Nothing.
  • Moaning about my latest case of writer's block. Oi Vey, as my friend in NY would say.
  • The housework. I've been doing a lot of it lately (see "writer's block"), yet nothing seems to be getting any cleaner. Number One Rule of the Home Economist: "As soon as you clean it, it starts to get dirty again." (Number Two Rule is "Get your damn shoes off my coffee table, NOW.") Actually, I'm not an obsessive cleaner, as my mum and my ex will tell you. But I do have 5 boys. Say no more.
  • The fact I've taken up embroidery again (see "writer's block"). I used to have a business in embroidery. Meaning, selling it, not lies, hehe. I realised, though, that I have about 6 old projects on the go--I have a multi-tasking mind, have I ever mentioned that? No?--and it was about time I got a couple off the frames and into frames, so to speak. My specialty is cross stitch, designing and others'. I've noticed that most of the ones I buy tend to be by Teresa Wentzler (if you don't know who she is, well, google is your friend), but that just about every project I've done has been a gift to someone else. Also, embroidery was one of the things the "joy was taken out of" during my marriage (long story I won't regale anyone with), and it's time to get back to it, seeing as my joi de vivre seems to be returning. :-)

    I love lists, have you noticed?

  • What I'm reading lately. Some great books, and mss, too: Scott's, Sally's, Brett's... but does anyone really want to know that my taste in books is as eclectic as my music taste? I think not.

    In fact, why are you reading this? I'm not that interesting. :-P

  • The workings of my inner child. Delete, delete, delete! Hehe.

One thing I will do is tell you about The Lifeline. Tomorrow. :-)



3 Comments:

At 11:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Obsessive sighings over?????

Jen.

 
At 12:46 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You will be surprised how many people will find your life interesting if you write everything that happens to you. Everyone's life is different - what's routein in your life may not to another.

It doesn't have to be daily happenings, it can anything you think about.

You can write about housekeeping in your busy little house and it would probably be an eye opener for somebody living alone.

Feel like writing away your writer's block do it. Feel like badmouthing your ex, I say go for it.

OK, maybe you don't feel like doing all that... let's see...

This entry itself has a lot of stuff in it. Write about your experience of running a business in embroidery. How do you do it? How do you find time to write with so many kids in the house? How do you design cross stitch for people? Care to share? What do you obsessively sigh about? Come on, Heather, don't hold back.

See? You got tons of things to write about in your blog.

Why was I reading you, because I'm interested in what's been going on in your life.

keep in touch - Liz

 
At 5:28 pm, Blogger Heather said...

I love you Liz. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home