Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Aries trine moon and other stuff

The full moon trines Pluto today, closely followed by said Aries moon heading into eclipse mode and then becoming the peak of a pentagram pattern that only happens once in a blue moon... ('scuse the pun)... actually, more like hundreds of years. The New agers are getting pretty excited about it, as are, I daresay, the wiccan movement (for whom the upright pentagram is a sacred symbol. I say upright deliberately. Wiccan and Satanism isn't the same thing, and satanists tend to reverse pentagrams & pentacles in the same way they reverse the cross).

This is supposed to mean Big Things for everyone, but Arians in particular can expect some restlessness, and a huge potential for change Right NOW. Pluto trine makes anything possible.

I never met an Aries I didn't like, actually. I mean it. I've yet to find one. There's someting about all of that blunt, restless energy that I admire. Three of my current "bestest" friends are Arians (two up here, one in Singapore). At least one of the best friends I had during my schooling era was an Aries (and she believed in it, so she was a TYPICAL Aries, in both the positive and negative aspects. Oh, and how).

Sorry if I'm being boring, btw, when I learn anything, my first impulse is to share it. I can't stand people who think that knowledge is "exclusive" to a certain class, or creed, or educational level, or just because they want to feel superior to someone. of course, my need to pass on what I learn sometimes comes across as me being lecturing or know-it-all. I was known as the human encyclopaedia at school. I don't know everything, of course (who does??), but I read a lot, and listen a lot, and really listen to people if I know nothing about what they're talking about. It's interesting to dioscover stuff I don't know about, even if I have no real interest in it. Great for trivia nights too.

Research is my life.

It's also a great procrastination tool. :-D

Sort of like blogging.

But... what was I saying?

Oh, yeah. The Aries.

I'm going to quote Mystic Medusa here, because it's so cute:

"Aries is a Cardinal Fire sign; Give Aries enough oxygen and Aries is off. Some find our Aries harsh, headstrong, loud and possessed of a sizzling self-esteem that doesn't require any actual achievements. But Aries is also ultra-positive and solution oriented. Aries says 'More IS more'."

Q: How many Arians does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: None. Arians are not afraid of the dark.

Cainer says this about the Aries in his "Your Sign, The Myths" section:

The Myth:
People born under the sign of the ram are supposed to be hot headed, quick tempered, impulsive, impatient and impossible. They love to give orders and they hate to take them. They are fearless but thoughtless, energetic but disorganised, gloriously independent, wonderfully ambitious and eternally hungry for a new adventure.

The Truth:
There is of course, an element of truth in all this but there's a lot more to the story. We're talking about an inclination, not an obligation. Many people born under this sign are wise thinkers and careful planners. It's just even the most mild, meek mannered member of this cosmic club has another "secret side". There will always be one area of their life in which they simply cannot stop themselves from picking fights, breaking rules and taking wild risks.

The Key To Success:
If you were born under the sign of the ram, you should consider yourself blessed. Aries personality traits are extremely useful and they can, if put to proper use, ensure a life full of impressive achievement. You've got amazing willpower and initiative. There's nothing you can't tackle if you try. You need though, to watch out for a tendency to create a life full of difficulty, just so that you always have something to sort out. You like living "close to the edge"; but if you could only manage to stand one step back from it, a lot more of your projects would come to fruition.


I might take a similar look at Capricorn later. If you're interested. :-D

School time.



3 Comments:

At 11:17 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool post, I really enjoyed readng this. :-)

>>There will always be one area of their life in which they simply cannot stop themselves from picking fights, breaking rules and taking wild risks.

ha! Can't help myself. I don't think I was delibrately picking fights, but I can be abrasive and overly blunt.

Not sure about risk taking part. If you consider hunting down internet friends in real life a risky activity (I guess it is), then yes, I guess I'm sort of a risk taker.


>> You need though, to watch out for a tendency to create a life full of difficulty, just so that you always have something to sort out.

I have to think about that. ... :)

Cheers,

- Liz

 
At 1:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Beth, er Heather. Its Yama. Just wanted to emphasize that Bard is *not* cool (OK, I guess he is).

Not much for astrology, but the Aries stuff does work for my brother (Mar 26) pretty well, so who knows? Dad was the same day, don't fit quite so well. But I bet you'd like em both.

Have fun with the blogging thing :)


PS - you're right on the large family - its a great thing; I wish more folks could do it.

 
At 2:28 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Hey Yama, thanks for dropping by! Haven't seen you for a while. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home