Sunday, November 26, 2006

Procrastination goddess

thy name is Heather.

Back when I did EnVision in 2003, I stayed with Peter and Karin, who graciously put me up so that it was actually possible for me to go, amazing, wonderful couple that they are. During this time, Peter coined the phrase "goddess of professional procrastination."

He had good reason. I was supposed to be working on my ms and spent an hour filing up water bottles instead.

Must be back at it, 'cos I'm blogging a lot.

I am going to say in my defence that blogging is, in fact, writing. I edit as I go, even (bet you can't tell. Although, if I didn't all of my sentences would look like this: The quick brownm foc jumped oevr tah laszu dogs. Really).

So, in honour of my not being able to get any further on my book(s) right now and allowing my subconscious to boil while I concentrate on other things, may I present the "Which Tarot Card are you?" meme, link cadged from Lee Battersby's blog.


You are The Empress


Beauty, happiness, pleasure, success, luxury, dissipation.


The Empress is associated with Venus, the feminine planet, so it represents,
beauty, charm, pleasure, luxury, and delight. You may be good at home
decorating, art or anything to do with making things beautiful.


The Empress is a creator, be it creation of life, of romance, of art or business. While the Magician is the primal spark, the idea made real, and the High Priestess is the one who gives the idea a form, the Empress is the womb where it gestates and grows till it is ready to be born. This is why her symbol is Venus, goddess of beautiful things as well as love. Even so, the Empress is more Demeter, goddess of abundance, then sensual Venus. She is the giver of Earthly gifts, yet at the same time, she can, in anger withhold, as Demeter did when her daughter, Persephone, was kidnapped. In fury and grief, she kept the Earth barren till her child was returned to her.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



Erhm. Ok, then. Procrastination Empress?? Actually, there was a question that I vacillated on the questions, where I seriously had to toss a coin to choose. Do I like "creative pursuits" or "reading, literature and writing" more? Umm... writing is a creative pursuit so chose that one.

The alternative was:


You are The High Priestess


Science, Wisdom, Knowledge, Education.


The High Priestess is the card of knowledge, instinctual, supernatural, secret knowledge. She holds scrolls of arcane information that she might, or might not reveal to you. The moon crown on her head as well as the crescent by her foot indicates her willingness to illuminate what you otherwise might not see, reveal the secrets you need to know. The High Priestess is also associated with the moon however and can also indicate change or fluxuation, particularily when it comes to your moods.


What Tarot Card are You?
Take the Test to Find Out.



Whatever. These are silly things anyway.

Must go and mop the floor or something. Then I'll... uh... yeah. Work.

3 Comments:

At 11:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are The Tower

Ambition, fighting, war, courage. Destruction, danger, fall, ruin.

The Tower represents war, destruction, but also spiritual renewal. Plans are disrupted. Your views and ideas will change as a result.

The Tower is a card about war, a war between the structures of lies and the lightning flash of truth. The Tower stands for "false concepts and institutions that we take for real." You have been shaken up; blinded by a shocking revelation. It sometimes takes that to see a truth that one refuses to see. Or to bring down beliefs that are so well constructed. What's most important to remember is that the tearing down of this structure, however painful, makes room for something new to be built.

==============================

oooh... I always get the exciting ones.

 
At 8:01 pm, Blogger Nicky Strickland said...

Hmmmmmmm I change the colour and interests and I flip between moon & empress. On Lee's blog I hit the moon. Gee, what are the odds :p

And I can't get the description over. I'm technically challenged that way :)

Now go procrastinate some more. That way I'll feel better for all my procrastinating :)

 
At 1:49 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Liz, >> oooh... I always get the exciting ones.

You really do. :-D But, there's an iota of truth in this, I think... mostly the "destruction but spiritual renewal" -- it took a long talk with you on our Canberra road trip to coalesce that I needed to do something about my life back then. Your VP really helped me realise that "hanging tough for the sake of the kids", in this case, wasn't helping anyone, especially not them.

Nic: >> I hit the moon. Gee, what are the odds

Do I really have to answer that?

Oh, Nic meet Liz, Liz meet Nic. :-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home