Friday, September 15, 2006

Book meme

Cadged from Liz's blog. Like her, I won't tag, except for Tessa. :-P

1. One book that changed your life?

A non-fic book: "Born In Blood" by John J. Robinson, closely followed by, believe it or not, the Trixie Belden and Faraway Tree books I read as a kid. These books pretty well opened my ideas as a writer and established my love of the written word and the genres I feel comfortable in.

2. One book you have read more than once?

I read everything more than once if I like it.

3. One book you would want on a desert island?

Anything but Harry Potter and LOTR. I guess a book on surviving a desert island would be the most practical, but if I'm supposed to pick entertainment, then anything by Michael Wood.

4. One book that made you cry?

The aforementioned "Born In Blood." Some of the descriptions of the medieval torture applied to arrested Templars in 1307 France made me sick and sad. Also, the book, "The Broken Years," by my uncle, Bill Gammage. Not a family plug, really. Some of the diary entries he included as a part of his study by WW1 diggers were heart-renching.

5. One book that made you laugh?

A few books have made me giggle but unfortunately I can't think of any of them right now.

6. One book you wish had been written?

Mine!!!! Grr.

7. One book you wish had never been written?

The Holy Blood and the Holy Grail and it's fictitious cousin, The Da Vinci Code. Honestly, what shyte.

8. One book you are currently reading?

I always have a few going at a time, but the last one I picked up was "In Search of the Dark Ages," by Michael Wood.

9. One book you have been meaning to read?

I have a pile of books next to my bed I am meaning to read. Random title: "The Historian" by Elizabeth Kostova.

10. Now tag five peopleā€¦

Nah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home