Monday, April 11, 2005

Whatever the truth may be...

in regards to astrology, I certainly hope Jon Cainer is right about me (I was just rejected on another tenancy solely for the number of children involved, which another Real Estate Agent told me yesterday is actually unlawful under the discrimination act, but what can you do? If you tell the landlords that, they'll just find "another" reason. Thing is, there aren't any other reasons. Money isn't an issue, you know, selling house, can pay rent a year in advance if I wanted to...):

Unfair restrictions are being placed on you now. These are making your life difficult and are tempting you to indulge in feelings of resentment. [True! And not just in regards to housing, either]. You do not, though, intend to succumb to this urge. [Also true!] You don't have time and energy to spare for negative thought patterns and self-pitying moods. Continue to handle, with grace and decorum, whatever is now so difficult. Do I have a choice? It won't last long. But the confidence you are now building up within yourself can last forever.

I'm off to Brisbane, again, today. Hopefully this time, I'll find something. The good news is, one of the houses I'm looking at today is actually administered by a goverment department, which means that if it will fit us, a) the rent is cheaper than the market rate (by about $100 a week) and b) they won't (and can't!) discriminate.

Fingers crosses. And toes. I'm running out of travelling funds and don't get paid until Thursday...

3 Comments:

At 3:07 pm, Blogger Cold Cut Ten said...

Good luck!

 
At 7:05 pm, Blogger Tessa said...

Ditto that!

 
At 7:25 pm, Blogger Heather said...

Thanks guys. I was a little more successful today, I think. I may even have TWO "yeses" (she says verrrry quietly so as not to break the spell....)

Hoi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home