Saturday, April 16, 2005

Well

Finding the house was the easy bit. I move on the 22nd. I just realised how much I have to do this week.

Forgive me if I start yelling again. ;-)

Actually, annoyance central right now. My ex is playing silly buggers with the "property settlement". Essentially, legally, because of his financial behaviour over the last 2-and-almost-half years since we separated, his debt to me has grown to the point where he is actually not entitled to any proceeds from the sale of the house (actually, he still would owe me a fairly substantial sum of money).

I don't give a flying trapezoid about the money, so I've decided to give him some, anyway. I think it's the easiest option: it makes things quick, he'll get off my back and (mostly) out of my life. However, this is the last iota of "control" he has over me, so he's not playing ball: he's managed to get all of the proceeds frozen pending a decision by a magistrate (which is like cutting off his right arm just to spite me. If it goes to court, he will not only receive absolutely nothing, he will also get a debt for his solicitor, he'll still owe me child support, and, probably, will have to pay my solicitor as well if the mediator decides he's been "unreasonable" -- which is likely. I hope he comes to his senses soon, for his own sake).

The annoyance there is, it means that everything I need to spend to move, rental bond, etc, cleaners the house for the new people after I've gone (so I don't have to drive back up here to do it myself), needs his approval. He's actually not legally allowed to "disapprove" these expenses that keep a roof over his children's heads, but it still irks me that I need to ask HIS permission to use MY OWN money. It's like 600 steps backwards. After 2 years of working to finally getting out from under that man's bootheels, I'm right back there again, even if it's only temporarily.

I guess I shouldn't let it bother me, but it still does.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home