Friday, January 07, 2005

A Book Meme

For fun:

From Jen's blog:

1. Pick up the nearest book to you.
2. Find page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence in your journal (or my comments if you don't have a journal) along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the "coolest" book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

The closest book to me (not including one of mine in ms format) was a 2005 diary, which had no text on p 123, so I grabbed one of the books off my computer shelf. The one immediately in front of my eyes (and therefore probably the closest of many close books) said:

"It appears that, throughout Richard's reign, he was considered free and was treated with respect if not deference."

The "he" in the sentence was Clarence's (of "butt-of-Malmsey Clarence" fame) son Warwick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home