Monday, August 21, 2006

Snakes on a Plane

The star of this movie is, of course, Samuel L Jackson, not Laurence Fishburn. Chalk my brain up for the same thing that made me call James Marsters "Marsden" and Serenity, Serendipity. Disorganised, see? (I do actually have an IQ. I just fail to use it most days).

Of course, that's now two otherwise great actors with career-ending movies, but that's another story.

Advertising this movie on TV now. Like, it's something to be proud of with the CGI snakes that look like they were created in the 80s and cut and pasted into the film using 90s technology. Sheesh.

I just don't know what they were thinking. Imagine the pitch.

"Great idea for a film. Anaconda meets Executive Decision."

Because we all know how well those movies did.

Line:

Samuel L to unknown fellow on phone in urgent and ominous voice: "You know all of those safety scenarios we ran? Well, here's one we didn't think of."

Uh-huh. Because who's going to actually think that a bazillion snakes are going to storm a plane?

"Hey, Bob, let's run this scenario, just in case."

"Jim, are you actually insane?"

"Bob, I have a very strong feeling it's going to be needed."

"Gods alive. Here we go with the 'I'm psychic' bullcrap again. Honestly, Jim..."

Guess Bob is laughing on the other side of his face now, huh.

Holy frijoles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home