Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Andromeda

The series, starring Hercules' Kevin Sorbo. It's a creation of Gene Roddenbury, and I started watching it, because by all accounts it's not very good. Unlike, say Firefly, which is. Yet Firefly lasted one season only and andromeda is in its fourth. As a general "why is it so" curiosity, I've been watching it, am halfway through Season 1, and it actually doesn't suck. I'm surprised about that.

Although an episode had me in tears yesterday, which does suck. I don't cry over silly TV shows, even "met up with my lost girlfriend who can't come back with me to the future" episodes.

So I'm thinking it was something else.

I don't know.

Which sucks.

1 Comments:

At 6:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Andromeda doesn't actively suck - there's some good characters, and occasional cracking dialogue - but it begins to passively suck after a while. It just seems a bit... I don't know. Lame, I guess. Uninspiring. But it's solid enough to start with.

Farscape and Firefly were better. If I ever write a TV series, it'll start with 'F'. I'm not superstitious, but why take the chance?

Stu.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home